Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

First day having a baby in the house!

So today I say " it's the first day an actual baby was in the house" because Sophia has never been much of a cry-er unless she was
A.) pooping
Or
B.) Hungry....(which she's on a 4 hour feeding schedule and barley ever cries unless I let her sleep past her 4 hour feeding time.)

But today, today she cried.... and she cried!

Thursday I took her to the doctors cause she was literally pooping 8-9 times a day between the hours of 9am-6 pm...everyday for almost a week.........not normal AT ALL! Well doc says Sophia's just growing, so her pooping habits will change( which I think is a bunch of bull) but in the end I am the one who ends up leaving with a script for an antibiotic. Thank God, cause 2 days later I was miserable with a sore throat, runny nose, plugged ears and no appitite.

So the day that I start feeling better soph starts getting a really wet cough.. which freaks me out cause online "Google" :-) says to take her to the emergency room. (I didn't) but It took everything in me to not drive her in my illegal car to the hospital. So Monday she went to the doctors AGAIN and turns out she has a ear infection ( thank you mommy). So the doctor prescribes her amoxicilion, which I tell the doc my mother and her father both are deathly allergic to anything with penicilion in it. Like stop breathing, drop on the floor almost dead kind of allergic... but the wonderful doctor that she is tells me the chances of Sophia being allergic is slim and usually can't even be carried over... and that I shouldn't be worried..
So I go home give Sophia her first dose of amoxiciline and about 20 minutes later she's screaming
And wiggling like crazy!!! Her whole body is covered in a rash and she's on fire and for about an hour I couldn't get her to settle down.
Im home alone, freaking out. But happy cause she's still breathing at least... but yes, I'm cussing at the doctor in my head. Finally I put a fan on soph with a pacifier( which she hadn't had in over 48 hours cause we were breaking her pacifier habit) and she slowlllllyyyyyyyyy calms down.
So today, her ear infection must be hurting,  cause even in her sleep she was crying!!!!
seemed like every ten minutes she was waking up crying!
Once she fell a sleep for about 30 minutes I had the bright idea to make cupcakes!!!!!
As soon as I started mixing the batter together and the oven on ,she starts screaming. I'm not a multi tasker but I tried to make cup cakes and try to get her to stop crying and not be too loud cause Andy's napping.
Lets just say frosting, sprinkles, cake batter and cooking spray cover one half of the kitchen for about 2 hours. After her screaming every time I put her down and only 8 cupcakes later 
I quit making them and just poured the rest of the batter into a cake pan... took the easy way out:-).
Finally after all that's over, and its close to 8 pm... I start making dinner and she's screaming... I open the chicken I planned on cooking and it's frickin spoiled! SCREW SALMONELLA!!!
so now I'm in the worst mood I've been in since like August ( last time I seen the baby daddy) !
Lets just say I lost all my patients today... for the first time!! I even thought about throwing eggs that were right in front of me,at the wall!!
Instead I burst into tears about a half a dozen times tonight.

This Mommy has anger problems!!!
How do you guys do it!!
I was always so grateful for how calm Sophia was.....this is why god gave me such a happy baby.

Finally I can say with a grin on my face, Sophia finally has stoped crying and is sound a sleep next to me,  looking more adorable than ever:-)
And she's even in big girl PJ's ( PJ's with out Footy things)

I pray tomorrow is a much better day! And I hope she continues to start her day off with a smile, like she did this morning. My goal is to make it a morning habit!! Cause I'm grumpy pants when I wake up. She doesnt ALWAYS have to be like mommy.

<3



No comments:

Post a Comment